fashion

Sunday 7 August 2011

Hair days......

After a slightly tipsy conversation at a party with a media type, a crazy week of  'hair' work and then a late night research session. I came to the conclusion that there are not many blogger's out there for you. Yes there are hairdressers talking to hairdressers with lots of shop talk and their blogs about this famous person that they have just cut, met and what TV program they are on. There are also lots on online magazines and professional guests that are there to help but is there a hairdresser that is on the WWW that wants to talk about real hair, who is accessible and not edited by some big wig in the city.  Do you want to know what not to do, how to get the style, the colour you want without having that 'waiting in line to see the headmistress' feeling, when you go to see the hairdresser?

There is something about going to the hairdresser that sends you back to being a 5 year old. Your sit in the chair, its busy and suddenly everything you want to say, everything you feel about your hair is sucked up into a void that can only be released when you open the door and leave.
After changing my hair colour and style so many times I cant remember, some very good and some horrifically bad, my fluorescent mistake many years ago being one of them as was my Lego haircut a few years after that. Feeling good about your 'do' is what gives you a spring in your step and makes you feel great.

Lots of you don't want/cant go to the hairdressers, for many reasons, so the only other choice is a home job.

Oops!

How many of you have resorted to the hair colour section in Boots. Stood there for what seams to be an age thinking 'dark blond or light brown, dark blond or light brown' until you've gone crazy, not knowing which one to pick and then picking up some random one that you discounted 5 min before that, gone home and the next morning wished you hadn't. A sea of patchy oranges, yellows and browns with your natural hair colour scattered throughout.

Not good.

If I'm honest I never did a home job, I was always too scared of it....I still am. Especially after seeing all the people I do see who come in to the salon asking me to correct it but it can be a great way to colour your hair cheaply, as long as you know how to do it.  You can get the Cheryl Cole look, you just have to know how.

I am a hairdresser, I work in a busy salon but this is not a way to promote my business. Ask me questions and I shall tell no lies and if your lucky Ill post a few Celeb hair disasters on the way....Ha Ha

So...

My first blog, exciting times!

SH

No comments: